Thank you for your interest in The Helpful Bureau and a very warm welcome.
During this time of course things are not ‘normal’, so this letter details the services available at this time.
Please keep in touch with us either by phone or on our Facebook page and we will advertise when we have more services back up and running.
WE CAN STILL HELP YOU WITH:
- Gardening Stephen is still able to do your gardening; however, he is unable to take away any grass, hedge cuttings or weeds as the refuse tip is still currently closed to Charities. He can use your brown lidded bin or pile it neatly in a corner. The cost for gardening is £20 per hour
- Home Support including Shopping. We have full PPE and completed risk assessments. We are offering all our usual home support help with cleaning, cooking, washing and general support around the home. We are also offering shopping where we pick up a list from yourselves and shop on your behalf. This service costs £15
- If you have placed a ‘Click and Collect’ food shopping order with a supermarket and have been able to book a time slot, we can collect it and deliver it to you for £5.
- Prescription Pick-Up, £5 for collection & delivery to you.
- A two course meal (main and pudding) each Thursday with delivery included, £5 per person per meal. Please let us know by 3pm on Tuesday if you would like a dinner.
- Foot Care with Lisa: Lisa is back in full PPE. Providing you haven’t had a letter from your doctor or the government to say you need to shield then you can call our office to book. This service is £15 and takes place at our offices.
- Transport to medical appointments: We are offering a limited transport service to hospital appointments. We have fitted a screen in our WAV (Wheelchair Accessible Vehicle) for the safety of our drivers and clients. You can call our office to book.
We are aware that many of you are keen to come back to our activities, trips, craft club, movement 2 music, Grumpy Old Men’s and our lunch club.
We are pleased to announce that Movement 2 Music at St Helens is starting again on Thursday 6th August. Following social distancing measures. Depending on how these sessions go we will look at our other activities too.
We can’t wait to get these up and running and to see you all again. However, we are following government guidelines and we will keep you updated when things can resume.
Please be assured that any trips booked/paid for will still go ahead when it’s safe to do so, and any monies paid will be carried forward.
The Helpful Bureau Team On Hand to Help,
Open Monday to Friday, 9am – 3pm Call 0115 491175